Here is some information about the various mounting and finish options that will soon be available for you to choose from when ordering fine art prints from VMP.
- MetalPrints – To create MetalPrints we infuse dyes directly into specially coated aluminum sheets, creating truly archival works of art. These MetalPrints showcase a revolutionary new medium that is highly durable, waterproof, weatherproof, and ultra scratch-resistant. The unique printing method gives your photos a vibrant luminescence with incredible detail and resolution. Choose from High Gloss and Satin finishes. Each print has rounded corners for your safety and the surface can be easily cleaned with any commercial glass cleaner. MetalPrints come ready-to-hang with two 3/4″ thick lightweight foam blocks and aluminum plate with pre-drilled holes. MetalPrints sized 30×40″ and up are backed with an inset frame for added stability. When hung, these stunning prints will float off the wall
- ThinWraps – Beautiful photo prints neatly wrapped around sturdy, 3/16″ Gatorboard. Choose the perfect paper for your photo: metallic, lustre or giclee canvas. All papers come finished with a satin laminate for a soft, subtle glow. ThinWraps arrive ready-to-hang, backed with two 3/4″ thick lightweight foam blocks with pre-drilled holes. The mounting blocks hold the print away from the wall for a contemporary float effect. No frame needed!
- Standouts – Standout Mounts are a clean, sleek option that puts the focus on your image without the need for a frame. Choose Lustre, Metallic or Glossy paper to mount to the lightweight foam. The sides are finished with a thick, lightweight black edge.Each Standout is 3/4″ thick and comes ready to display with hanging holes in the back.
- Giclée Canvas Wrap – Ready-to-hang canvas prints that are wrapped around a stretcher frame, so your image is visible on the sides of the frame.
- Giclée Canvas Stretch/Staple – Your image is printed with a white border that is wrapped around the side of the frame and stapled, leaving your full image on the front.
- Giclée Canvas Board – Your canvas print, mounted onto sturdy Gator Foamboard.
Paper and finish
- Glossy – This is a shiny finish with saturated colors but some glare and a finger-sensitive surface. Printed on Kodak paper.
- Lustre Finish – For those of you fond of the old Matte finish, despair not. Lustre is the new alternative to Matte and Glossy, offering the best of both worlds. It is a premium finish on a heavier paper, offering the vibrant, saturated colors of a glare-less glossy with the fingerprint-resistant, smoothly texture finish of matte. Printed on Kodak Supra Endura paper.
- Metallic Finish – Rich, distinctive metallic look with a huge WOW! factor. With a glossy finish and unique metallic appearance, these prints have extra visual interest and depth. They are printed on long-lasting Kodak Professional Endura Metallic paper. This paper uses a proprietary combination of film laminate layers that produce striking, three-dimensional, lasting images on an ultra-bright background. The effect is sometimes described as “chrome on paper.” You’ll see extreme sharpness, brightness, and color saturation with an intense black density that increases its appeal. The proprietary laminate layers also increase the durability and tear resistance of the final print, increasing the opportunities for display applications.
The Harlem Experiment is following its due course and eating up a lot of time, obviously, but posting should be back to normal soon. Stay tuned!