My name is Vincent Mounier, I am a photographer and writer
- I am currently based in New York City
- Contact me directly with this email form
- I have a day job but always remain available for hire – nights and week-ends – if the carrot is longer than the stick
- All content, text and images on this site are Copyright © 2005-2020 Vincent Mounier – All Rights Reserved
- Scripts, where used, are protected by their respective copyrights
Classic photography was film-based and bound to the smells of a physical darkroom. Neo-photography, the new photography, has broken free of these chains and gone digital, and hence, immaterial. It no longer can be defined by the properties of chemical agents, nor can its development be confined to a darkroom’s rigidity.
Instead, a picture has become a collection of digital information pieces, bits of data, and as such can be dealt with anywhere, anytime. Software is the new chemical, and it allows for infinite freedom and creativity. As such, neophotography has now truly transcended its ancestor and evolved into a much different art. More than ever, the photographer is a true artist and can create, rather than simply render.
Is a terrible thing to waste