Of the many web thinggies keeping me interested in my screen these days, worth mentioning are the following:
- Firefox remains at the top of the pack, slick, fast, free, efficient and most of all, fun! If you haven’t switched yet, you’re falling behind. Its extension possibilities are far superior to anything else that exists right now and allow you to turn your web surfing experience into a cool ride, which it might as well be considering the time we spend doing it! And that brings me to the next topic:
- Gmail Redesigned, a new skin for the rather boring standard Gmail look. It’s basically new CSS for Gmail, running on a Firefox extension called Stylish. Very interesting new look, much darker colors, something I like as you’ll have noticed by the template on this blog.
- Splashup, an online photo editing tool that allows you to retouch or resize your photos on the fly, from anywhere with internet access. No need to have a computer with Photoshop installed, it all happens in real time on the web site, through a VERY slick interface that fully illustrates the power of the Web 2.0 trend and AJAX.
- TED, (no, not the dog!) the Technology, Entertainment and Design web site, featuring videos of talks given by some of the greatest minds of our time at conferences where they are challenged to give the speech of a lifetime in 18 minutes.
- MapMyRun, a cool training tacking site with incorporated Google Maps route design and distance mapping. I haven’t managed yet to embed a run map directly onto the blog because of a conflict between Serendipity and <iframes>, but below is the link to my standard, ever so beautiful Stanley Park run.